hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: server code in test sources
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:31:39 GMT
Hi David,

The server test code was initially contributed by Christian
Kohlschütter. It was slightly extended afterwards. It's current sole
purpose is to provide a test bed for HttpClient. There are no efforts
going on to make more of it.

For HttpClient 4.0 we have made a complete redesign:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpClientApiRedesign
A new subproject http-common will contain classes that are not specific
to client or server side and can be used by both. The client specific
classes will end up in a subproject called http-client. Check out the
code in SVN that is already available. Oleg has already spent a great
deal of work on that. Maybe one day Tomcat can make use of those classes.

Ortwin Glück