hc-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Chevillon <bchevill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server code in test sources
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:02:59 GMT
I reply to you both Ortwin and Roland:

Thank you for your precisions. I didn't get that the Http-Client
component can be view as a do everything component. As you say, to get
a minimalist size I would better build a specialized library from
httpclient, which cut the parts I don't care.

> > Indeed, the library needed are pretty heavy today for a pure text,
> > cookie-free, proxy-free, auth-free usage of HttpClient.
>
> The term "heavy" is apparently very ambiguous. You are calling a roughly
> 300KB library heavy. That even fits on a floppy disk four times. Are you
> on an embedded system or downloading on an extremely slow line that you
> have to worry about size?

Lol, indeed I'm thinking about embedded system. A 300 kb library is
not heavy for a server side.

Thanks again

Benjamin