hc-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Chevillon <bchevill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server code in test sources
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:16:30 GMT
Hello all,

I just discovered the wiki page about API 4.0 redesign. I appreciate
the clear classification and dependencies scheme.
In my application I use HttpClient for Http pure text call in a LAN.
So I hoped the API 4.0 would permit that one can have a very simple
Http Client (with MultiThreaded capabilities), without dependencies to
commons-codec, or http-cookie or http-auth (or proxy, or else).
Indeed, the library needed are pretty heavy today for a pure text,
cookie-free, proxy-free, auth-free usage of HttpClient. Maybe I'm
wrong or I misunderstood the wiki page, but this seems not to be the
case for 4.0. Does my hope is shared by others? Or maybe this is not
the today's goal?

Regards,

Benjamin