hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Direction of 4.0
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:05:39 GMT
Hi Dennis,

You are right. We should seriously consider dropping Client from Jakarta
HttpClient project name at some point. However, first things should come
first. As long as the server side code is not being used by a
significant number of users the change of the project name is not really
that relevant.

I intend to start working on a Tomcat HTTP connector based on the
HttpCommon classes soon. We'll see what comes out of it

Cheers,

Oleg

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:32 -0700, Dennis Cook wrote:
> I have seen a lot of dicussion regarding version 4.0 and it seems that there will be
a lot of either implicit or explicit support added for building http server side functionality.
 With this expanded scope of the project, is the name of "HttpClient" still appropriate?