hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Summer of Code
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:05:22 GMT

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Odi,
>
> I can hardly think of anything that might be even a vaguely feasible
> alternative to having fun and enjoying the summer that HttpClient has
> to offer. Writing test cases anyone? Rewriting ugly API? Looking at 20
> km of cryptic wire log? Any takers?

:-)

> Seriously, I can only think of two more or less independent work streams
>
> (1) HttpUrlConnection compatibility wrapper on top of http-common
> (2) RFC2965 (aka Cookie2)

I find the two projects really interesting. They are both pretty small.

I would add a project that rather goes into contrib but my mind has been
circling around this one since I started with HttpClient:
Proxy Auto Configuration (PAC).
This can be done by using a JavaScript Engine like Rhino and evaluating
a JS function at runtime. See
http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html
To make it complete, the no-proxy patch of Adrian Sutton could be
integrated (see attachment, message still in my local mailbox, but not
in the ASF archives).

I think we should add those three projects.

Odi