hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Possible bug in NetscapeDraftSpec.java
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 12:36:26 GMT

Juho Mäkinen wrote:
> Thanks for you help. I'm also sorry that I didn't notice that TODO earlier.
> I got it working now, so problem solved.

No worries, Juho.

> I'd still suggest that you add more extension points into the httpclient.

Release 4 will have a complete interface based architecture and a
consistent way to extend things.

> Using delivered classes and setting them into use with system properties
> is usually an easy and very extendable way to easily add extension points.

No. Although System properties may look easy and tempting at first, they
pose a major problem in environments where multiple applications run in
the same VM, like in an application server. A single application may not
even have control over system properties at all. So we are using a
different approach for 4.0.

> But thanks again =)
>
>  - Juho Mäkinen, juho.makinen@gmail.com

Kind regards