hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How the session handling is done
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:16:37 GMT
Hi "tom tom",

the cookies are usually stored automatically by HttpClient
in the HttpState object used for executing a method. Each
cookie has path/domain information that tells HttpClient
whether to send it to host B or not.

cheers,
  Roland

tom tom <j_lalith@yahoo.com>
05.04.2005 17:55
Please respond to
"HttpClient Project"

httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
How the session handling is done

Being inside a session.

If we use a httpclient package and do a request to
another server B.

How does the server B knows that this hit also belongs
to the same sesssion.

Should we set the cookies before submitting. Assuming
session Id also will be set accordingly.

Basically want to know how the session management is
done.

Thanks,