hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [http-common] RFC: HttpEntity, HttpIncomingEntity, HttpOutgoingEntity revisited
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:36:56 GMT

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> I do want such a framework but I am not in favor of tightly coupling it
> with the EntityEnclosingMessage, HttpResponse impl classes.

That's what I am saying.

> I can't help thinking we are trying to come up with a solution for a
> non-existent problem. Design purism aside, the only real issue with the
> current implementation I know of is that _some_ outgoing entities _may_
> have _difficulties_ producing an input stream to represent its content.
> In the extreme case I would rather prefer to see NotSupportedException
> thrown instead of a whole bunch of otherwise unnecessary and/or ugly
> interfaces.

I completely agree! We can not require that an entity be repeatable of
course, although that would be the nicest: The server response would
have always to be buffered, which we don't want.

Oh, and don't make an abstract class out of it. I don't want to be
forced to inherit from a base class. Rather just implement an interface.