hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Log verbosity
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:59:23 GMT
Sarwar,

For logging issues please refer to the Logging Guide:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/logging.html

HttpClient uses Commons Logging. That means it is up to you to select a
Logging Framework and configure it properly. If you did not yet select
which Logging Framework to use, chances are that java.util.logging is
beeing used. This internal framework is configured with
lib/logging.properties in your JRE Home with the default verbosity of
INFO. Please refer to the API Doc of java.util.logging.LogManager.

Kind regards

Ortwin Glück

Sarwar_Raza@3com.com wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm using 3.0-rc1, and see the following (debug) messages being spit out on my console.
>
> Mar 31, 2005 6:27:13 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
> INFO: digest authentication scheme selected
>
> I have to imagine that this level of verbosity is not the default, but I can't seem to
find where I may be enabling it. Can someone tell me how to
> disable it, please?
>
> Thanks
> -Sarwar

  NOSE applied intelligence ag