hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [http-common] 4.0 API progress report
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:14:58 GMT
Folks,

I have added two additional demos to the http-commons (aka 4.0 branch)
repository: elemental POST and elemental HTTP server. Basically there's
already enough code in http-commons to write a simple but fully
functional HTTP client and a simple embeddable HTTP server. Please feel
free to take a look and let me know how you think things are shaping up

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpclient/trunk/http-
common/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/ElementalHttpPost.java

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpclient/trunk/http-
common/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/ElementalHttpEchoServer.java

Just in case I would like to stress once again that http-common API is
not meant to replace HttpClient API, rather it is intended to form the
foundation HttpClient 4.0 will be based upon.

Oleg