hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew-J Watson" <matthew-j.wat...@db.com>
Subject Re: Bug in org.aqpache.commons.httpclient.methods.InputStreamRequestEntity
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:18:03 GMT

No worries. Thanks for the prompt action!
Matt

                      olegk@apache.org

                                               To:       httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org

                      04/01/2005 07:07         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  Re: Bug in  org.aqpache.commons.httpclient.methods.InputStreamRequestEntity

                      Please respond to

                      httpclient-dev

Committed a fix for the bug. Many thanks, Matthew.

Oleg

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 18:57 +1000, Matthew-J Watson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Rev 1.4 (commons-httpclient-3.0-rc1) of this class, lines 154 reads:
>     /**
>      * Tests if this method is repeatable.  Only <code>true</code> if the
content has been
>      * buffered.
>      *
>      * @see #getContentLength()
>      */
>     public boolean isRepeatable() {
>         return content != null;
>     }
>
> Content is the InputStream, whereas buffer is the buffered content of the stream. Given
the comment above it (and a quick check over the class itself to verify this), should read:

>     /**
>      * Tests if this method is repeatable.  Only <code>true</code> if the
content has been
>      * buffered.
>      *
>      * @see #getContentLength()
>      */
>     public boolean isRepeatable() {
>         return buffer != null;
>     }
>

> My employer will not pay me to write a test harness for this and do things properly,
but rest assured, that when I chaanged the code and re-ran my code (which uses this class
and does basic auth requiring a repeatable RequestEntity, it worked.

> Sorry I can't be of more help - hope to see this in the next release candidate!
>
> Matthew Watson
>

> --
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.