hc-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Johnson <sjohn...@mercury.com>
Subject FW: about bad_record_mac and TLS V1 in ssl
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:52:41 GMT
FW: about bad_record_mac and TLS V1 in ssl

-----Original Message-----
From: A Leg [mailto:hale_india@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:47 PM
To: Steve Johnson; Bradford.Wetmore@Sun.COM
Subject: Re: about bad_record_mac

Hi Steve an Bradford.

Steve proposal works at the end. I failed my first tests because I did'nt import the SSLSocket

Thank's a lot for your help.

Now I have to find out how to pass the authorisation. (with netscape I fill user and passwd)

Below the code which works
and the result (including the complain about authentification).

I have been realy impressed to get answer ins a so short delay.

Thank's from cyprus.

Andre Legendre

Steve Johnson wrote:

Hi A Leg,
I had a couple of ssl related problems,
if I remember correctly this problem was related
to TLS V1 being in the list of encryption algorithms to
use when handling https.

I turned off TLS by doing this:
      ((SSLSocket)socket).setEnabledProtocols(new String[] {"SSLv3"});
      ((SSLSocket)socket).setUseClientMode(true);

directly on the socket in the ssl socketFactory.

There is an api call to return the names of all encryption algorithms currently supported
in your java
environment. Here is a list of default

protocols it found on my system.

 {"TLSv1", "SSLv2Hello", "SSLv3"});

If this doesn't seem relevant to your problem give me more details.

Thanks,

Steve Johnson, Software Engineer, sjohnson@mercury.com <mailto:sjohnson@mercury.com>

direct 720.564.6532
www.mercury.com <http://www.mercury.com>