hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: connectionManager.releaseConnection()
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:17:49 GMT
Juan,

while this completely defeats the purpose of the HTTP keep-alive
feature, I understand that there are special situations when one needs
what you describe. That means you can do away with the connection
pooling altogether. It also means that none of the existing
ConnectionManager implementatinos suite your needs. You had better
implementing a completely new ConnectionManager that does not attempt to
pool a connection but every call to getConnection just creates a new one
and every call to releaseConnection just closes it. This should be very
easy to do. Maybe we should provide such a simple non-pooling connection
manager with the stock version of HttpClient.

Ortwin Glück