hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjeev Tripathi" <sanjeev.tripa...@parago.com>
Subject RE: [httpClient] and getAttribute parameter in servlet
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:01:44 GMT
Thanks Oleg.
Sanjeev Tripathi

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:54 PM
To: HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: [httpClient] and getAttribute parameter in servlet

Here's what you do

1) simple way:

* pray a God of your choosing
* sacrifice a chicken
* run around beating a drum
* the object gets magically transferred from the server to the client

2) hard way:
* read the documentation about technologies you want to use to complete
the task at hand
* marshall the object on the server side
* send it back to the client as a stream of binary data or XML formatted
data
* unmarshall the object on the client side

Sanjeev,

I rarely leave HttpClient related questions unanswered (feel free to
examine the archives) and I try my best not to be arrogant when
answering questions . This said, I have been seeing the questions you
have been flooding commons-user and commons-dev with and did not bother
to answer because most of your questions boil down to:

"I am too lazy to do my job. Could you please do it for me?"

Please make a reasonable effort to familiarize yourself with
technologies you are using, search for similar questions in the
archives, and then ask specific questions about specific Jakarta
products. And I'll be more than happy to help you

Oleg