hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: HLCA: generating followup requests
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:33:25 GMT
> I was worried about the authentication state as well. I guess an
> authentication handler can detect from the request and response that
> a previous authentication state has become invalid and reset itself.
> The question whether the authentication state is stored in the handler
> itself or as part of the connection or session or whatever will have
> to be answered before we can give a final answer to the reset problem.
> I hope for some insightful comments from Mike here. If I remember
> correctly, he did some of the work on the authentication code.

I think it may depend on the type of authentication.  Basic doesn't
really need any context. NTLM on the other hand requires all sorts of
context.  Not only does it need request context for the sequence of
challenges, but if I remember correctly it's actually a connection
based authentication scheme.

Mike