hc-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Mitchell <...@semantico.com>
Subject Re: SSL contrib: license question
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:42:52 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Julius et al
>
> I believe AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory.java class may (and probably
> should) be folded into the HttpClient proper at some point. At the same
> time I am convinced EasySSL socket factory should not be used in
> production without thorough review and customisation. The best way to
> make people look at it is to distribute it in source only. That's my
> take.

I'd certainly welcome this move.  Although I'd also like to see the
hostname verification from StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory merged in as
well.  That's what I've done here.  I think it's really an essential
part of https.

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |