hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HLCA: generating followup requests
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:32:35 GMT
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 03:05:25PM +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> I believe that the authentication sequence handler needs to store some
> data that is relevant only for the current sequence, and some other data
> that is relevant for all requests that happen to be sent to the same
> target host. Hence, it needs a way to indicate whether the data it sets
> should be stored in the local/private or the parent/shared part of the
> context. That has to show up in the interface.

Roland,

Correct me if I am wrong, essentially you are talking about the
'request' scope (HttpMethodExecutor) and the 'session' scope
(HttpClient), not a hierarchy of contexts per se. Do I understand you
correctly?

I think HttpContext should always be of request visibility, however some
specific objects contained in the context may contain information that
spans across several request/response pairs, such as CookieStore,
AuthState/AuthScheme. Currently I see this as the simplest solution that
works, and I like keeping things simple.

What do you think?

Oleg