hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SLP status
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:25:07 GMT
Hi Henri,

Things are gradually progressing (without much publicity, though)

We have been quite busy working on the high level component architecture
for Jakarta HttpClient, which we are planning to hold a formal voting
upon quite soon:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpClientApiRedesign

This document present a fairly good overview of how we envisage
HttpClient's evolution from what it is today, a monolithic client-side
library, into a toolset of loosely coupled components suitable for
client, proxy and server side development.

Technically speaking HttpClient 3.0 has not been released yet. We have
just got the first release candidate out the door, and it may take a few
more months and a few more RCs before the final 3.0 release.

So, we have not been sitting idle. We have been just keeping a low
profile.

Cheers,

Oleg