hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kempin, Edwin" <edwin.kem...@sap.com>
Subject Application Use Case: How to set HTTP-headers in body-parts of a multipart request?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:41:06 GMT
Hi,

I wonder how I can add HTTP-header to the body-parts of a multipart
request by using the Jakarta Commons HttpClient.

When I create a body-part (StringPart, FilePart) I have only methods to
set Content-Transfer-Encoding, Content-Type and char-set. How can I add
other HTTP-headers (e.g.  I want to set the Transfer-Encoding header).

In principle this should be possible, since RFC 2068
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2068.html) says in 19.4.5: "In HTTP/1.1,
multipart body-parts may contain any HTTP header fields which are
significant to the meaning of that part."

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards
Edwin