hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HLCA: client vs server
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:53:49 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> My evil plan is to donwgrade HttpRequestBase/SimpleHttpRequest and
> HttpResponseBase/SimpleHttpResponse to nothing more than a collection of
> headers, request/status line and optional content stream. All client
> specific behaviour should be injected using HttpMethodExecutor and a
> bunch of HttpFilters

Sounds cool. I'll sit back and see how it develops :-)

> > In my other mail, I have already suggested to move HttpConnection and
> > related classes to a separate component for other reasons. I'll wait
> > for the outcome of that discussion.
> >

> I am not sure about that. If we leave a simple implementation of Http
> connection out of http-common, it may render it useless when used
without a
> higher level component(s). Somehow, I still would like to keep
http-common
> self-sufficient to be able to implement a trivial Http connector / Http
method
> executor without any additional dependencies.

Ok, I get it. My idea was to have a separate "base" component for the
really
neutral stuff, and one more component to make things useful on the client
side.

We still have to get the connection manager (interface) out of
http-client,
but HttpConnection can remain in http-common.

> I tend to see http-async as a good place for HTTP pipelining components.
> At the same time I am open to alternatives.

Ok, I don't have a problem with that either.

I'll wait for some more comments.

cheers,
  Roland