hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HLCA: client vs server
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:52:42 GMT
Hi folks,

Michael Becke <becke@u.washington.edu> wrote on 14.01.2005 15:29:26:

> > We still have to get the connection manager (interface) out of
> > http-client,
> > but HttpConnection can remain in http-common.
>
> Agreed.  A connection pooling interface is something that is useful for
> both client and server connections.

If have updated the design document as follows:

- new http-conn component
- updated http-async component with pipelining stuff
- new chapter for length commentary/explanatory notes
- one such note about my take on pipelining

I felt that the design document would be a better place for
the notes than the mailing list. Think of them as a kind of
rationale. And feel free to throw them out again if you
consider the mailing list to be the better location.

Oleg, I would love to read a little more about your evil plan
based on HttpFilter. I have a feeling that this will be crucial
to understand the high level design in its entirety. Could
you add a note to the new chapter, or post something on the
mailing list?

cheers,
  Roland