hc-dev mailing list archives

From <jrl...@easyvoyage.fr>
Subject RE: HttpClient Stop the connection but release connection uncertain
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:46:19 GMT
I m using your MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager with satifaction :-)

>What do you mean by "really released"? Closed?

Yes "closed" and httpClient really free to be catch be the garbageCollector.
I could do "HttpClientObject=null;" but sometimes I need to reuse it. So I
use the method "HttpMethodeBase.releaseConnection()".

I think that I need the action of the method give in HttpClient3.0beta
"HttpMethodeBase.abort()" (I think anderstand that this one close the
connection directly on the level of the socket). But I do not want to use
beta version in my production version...

jeanremi