hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Brown" <chris92...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE requirement for HttpClient 4.0
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:55:18 GMT
OK, it was just an idea!  Thanks for taking the time to consider it anyway.

Turning the problem on its head, it seems like HttpClient 4 is intended to
be a really complete package...  Are there any features that aren't intended
for say HttpClient 4 that might be implemented in HttpClient 5 (that you've
already thought of) ?

The worry about choosing a JDK is that some new features might not be
available on platforms that are at present, if I'm correct.  How about
making HttpClient 1.3+ compatible, then say making HttpClient 5 to run with
Java 5, no new features, just a new implementation that takes advantage of
Java 5's new and useful stuff..?

- Chris