hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Brown" <chris92...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE requirement for HttpClient 4.0
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:08:47 GMT
For concurrency, you can use Doug Lea's util.concurrent package, which is
what Java 5's equivalent is based on.

http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html

If you use Java 5, you can use Scanner on the various streams supplied by
HttpClient, without requiring that it be built into the core.

For arguments about NIO and performance, I'd prefer to see the feature set
proposed in the HttpClient 4 proposal; once that's done, maybe make another
"high performance" release.

- Chris