hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: HLCA: client vs server
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:26:25 GMT
Hi Roland,

> Not really. On the server, connections are created when requests
> come in. The resource that needs to be managed on the server are
> service threads to which the connections can be assigned.

I don't have much experience (none actually) with creating Http
servers, but I assume they must perform some kind of connection pooling
in order to support keep-alive connections.  The use case is more
similar to asyc/pipelined requests though I guess.  Do we envision
adding support for this kind of thing, or will that be left to the
future and http-infra?

> The motivation for introducing the http-conn component was not to
> use it on the client and server side, but to have it available
> without depending on http-client.

So this is primarily for http-async support?

Mike