hc-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <clampre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE requirement for HttpClient 4.0
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:46:18 GMT
At least _if_ HttpClient does end up using Doug Lea's util.concurrent
package, it will eventually be a fairly painless port to Java 1.5's
java.util.concurrent.  Unfortunately, for now I have to agree with the
arguments from others here against HttpClient requiring java 1.5+.

Although it's interesting that Tomcat 5.5 requires Java 1.5, or
alternatively, has a set of JARs you can use to make it run in java
1.4.  I'm not sure if that's worth the extra complexity or not -- any
opinions on this?

-chris