hc-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <clampre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE requirement for HttpClient 4.0
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:44:25 GMT
> We would like to know the opinion of HttpClient users whether the next
> major release of HttpClient (4.0) should
>
> [ ] stay compatible with Java 1.2
> [ ] be compatible with Java 1.3 and above
> [X] be compatible with Java 1.4 and above
> [ ] be compatible with Java 1.5 and above

I'm tempted to even say 1.5, as it would be nice if HttpClient could
make use of the new java.util.concurrent stuff, among other things.
But I think it's going to take folks a while to upgrade.  If you don't
anticipate HttpClient 4.0 final coming out until summer/fall 2005,
then I'd vote for Java 1.5.

-Chris