hc-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Cottenceau ...@mnc.ch>
Subject Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE requirement for HttpClient 4.0
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:18:54 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk 'at' apache.org> writes:

> I find many Java 1.5 features very tempting. The main reason I am
> against going Java 1.5 at this point because it would render HttpClient
> unusable on many micro platforms. I suspect J2ME may never have many 1.4
> & 1.5 features.

Do you have more on that? It seems that the latest and greatest
buzz for new mobile phones is java applications (mostly games).
It seems logical from a marketing standpoint that Sun backs that
trend by supporting the evolution of J2ME, including new features
etc. Is it a stupid idea? I don't know much about potential new
constraints brought by 1.4/1.5 that would make it incompatible
with micro platforms.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau