hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject 4.0 Requirements: Proxy chains
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:58:20 GMT
In our architecture draft at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpClientApiRedesign

we should include proper architecture support for proxies and proxy
chains. This involves storing authentication information along the proxy
chain as well. We definitely need more than just a ProxyConnectRequest
to achieve that.

Motivated by Roland Weber, I find the HttpState class bad. Especially
the inheritance hierarchy seems weird. Why would HttpState (which sounds
very general) extend a CookieStore (which sounds very specific)?

Ortwin Glück
  NOSE applied intelligence ag

  software engineer