hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: NTLM help -- how to get domain?
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:44:55 GMT
Dave,

The user _should_ explicitly specify her domain as a part of Windows
authentication process, because it may not necessarily be that of the
host. One _could_ dynamically retrieve the logon credentials using Win32
API or Active Directory API, assuming this is the set of credentials
user wants to be authenticating with, but that would imply the use of
platform dependent code in your application

Oleg