hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cookie compatibility with session-oriented sites
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:14:25 GMT
Joey,
HttpClient 3.0 allows a cokie policy be defined on a per method or per
host basis

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/preference-api.html

With HttpClient 2.0.x you are out of luck

Hope this helps

Oleg

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 12:19 -0500, Shih, Joseph Y wrote:
> Hi ... I am connecting to various cookie-based websites using HttpClient and finding
that the CookiePolicy required for session handling changes from site to site (ie. one site
will only work with RFC2109 and another will only respond correctly using the COMPATIBILITY
setting).  Is there any way to configure HttpClient to handle both cases without having to
change the CookiePolicy?  I would like to get HttpClient to perform Cookie Management with
the same level of reliability as any standard web browser.  Thanks in advance for any input.