hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: NTLM quality
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:56:45 GMT
Oleg,

I think you are right. Using jCIFS as a replacement looks very
promising. I always favour reuse of existing components as opposed to
re-implementing them. It's always nice to have someone else care a lot
about very specific stuff that is not in the central focus of your own
project.

BTW: There is a comment in the NTLM class that it would be made package
access in 2.0 beta something. But it is still public. If we are going to
replace that class, we should make it package access ASAP!

Odi

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Odi,
>
> Generally this would be a good thing. At the same time I would rather
> see us taking a different route. Let's face it: we do have neither
> expertise nor resources to keep the NTLM class reasonably up to date, so
> probably we should not even try. As of version 4.0 we should consider
> introducing jCIFS as an optional dependency. Especially taking into
> consideration that sooner or later NTLMv2 support will inevitably become
> an issue
>
> Evil Comrade Oleg

  NOSE applied intelligence ag

  software engineer