hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Kharmatsky <il...@mainsoft.com>
Subject MAX_REDIRECT, ALLOW_CIRCULAR_REF parameters at method level
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:59:07 GMT
Hi, All!

I want to propose some extension for HttpMethodParams.
What do you think about adding MAX-REDIRECT and ALLOW-CIRCULAR-REFERENCES
parameters to method's parameter. And those parameters could
override the behavior of parameters one level above (http client for
example).
In my case, I need to provide such flexibility and I don't want
to create for each request new HttpClient instance...

Even more, if the common design is to re-use HttpClient instance,
why each parameter of http client could not be overridden by some
bottom level? Yes, I can understand, that some parameters are "general",
and should be treated in "high" level, but most are not! For those,
which are critical for "high" level in bottom levels may used some
defensive policy - such as throwing exceptions, warning etc.

Thanks,
Ilya