hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Posted data losing the last 2 characters when you submit an @ symbol ?
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:26:37 GMT
James,

it seems that there is something funky going on here. I doubt that it is
a problem with HttpClient. Can you please post a wirelog of the request
in question? Please see the logging guide on how to obtain a wire log:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/logging.html

Alternatively you can inspect the network traffic with Ethereal (apply a
filter) and use it's 'Follow TCP stream' functionality.

Thanks

Ortwin Glück

James.Goulstone@ubs.com wrote:
> Ortwin,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried that but still get the same problem where the @ symbol
removes the last 2 characters - don't suppose you or anyone else has any other ideas?

>         	Map parms = request.getParameterMap();
>             Iterator iter = parms.keySet().iterator();
>             while (iter.hasNext()) {
>                 String name = (String) iter.next();
>                 String[] value = (String[]) parms.get(name);
>                 for (int i = 0; i < value.length; i++) {
>                     method.addParameter(name,value[i]);
>                   }
>             }
>
> James