hc-dev mailing list archives

From "KOTA, KUMAR \(SBCSI\)" <kk9...@sbc.com>
Subject Socket timeout
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:49:59 GMT
I am using the httpclient version 3.0-alpha2 and it is still causing
this "socket closed" exception that is mentioned below...is there a
version of commons-httpclient out there that I can use to fix this?
HttpClient does not work with IBM JSSE shipped with IBM Websphere
Application Platform
Several releases of the IBM JSSE exhibit a bug that cause HttpClient to
fail while detecting the size of the socket send buffer
(java.net.Socket.getSendBufferSize method throws
java.net.SocketException: "Socket closed" exception).
Solution: Make sure that you have all the latest fix packs applied.
HttpClient users have reported that IBM Websphere Application Server
versions 4.0.6, 5.0.2.2, 5.1 do not exhibit the problem.