hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: problem with version 3?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:31:17 GMT
Madeleine,

please have a look at the new Preferences API:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/preference-api.html

In 3.0 you can set options (like the retry handler) on different levels.
It depends on your applications, on which level you want to manage
certain config options. In general I guess having one retry handler at
the client level is fair. Doing it at the method level just provides
more flexibility when your application needs this complexity.

Madeleine Wright wrote:

> Great.  It works perfectly now.  Is there any difference between
>    client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER,new
> DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(1, false));
> and
>    method.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER,new
> DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(1, false));
>
> They both seem to work.  Is there any advantage of using one over the
> other?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Madeleine

  NOSE applied intelligence ag