hc-dev mailing list archives

From dan tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Bugzilla] vs [JIRA] revisited
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:44:04 GMT
Between Bugzilla and JIRA,  JIRA is my preference.

-D

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:34:12 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski
<oleg.kalnichevski@bearingpoint.com> wrote:

> Hi Roland
> I agree this makes sense. I am not sure, though, whether we can
> reasonably expect things to happen in one 'Big Bang': mailing lists, new
> CVS repository, web site, JIRA migration and so on. Most likely not.
>
> Besides, unless we start getting MASSIVELY more feedback on 3.0, I am
> not sure what else we can do but start hacking on 4.0 branch while 3.0
> still goes through its natural development cycle: alpha -> beta -> rc ->
> release. I sense the work on 4.0 may well commence as early as next
> month. Basically that will buy us some time, but not much. I certainly
> want to start the discussion on the 4.0 architecture (at least in broad
> strokes) very, very soon.
>
> This, again, makes the issue of issue tracking system highly important,
> as we better have a sane road map and reasonably well articulated
> strategy as soon as people start asking what the heck Jakarta HttpClient
> 4.0 is all about and how on earth we ended up with 3 API incompatible
> branches.
>
> Oleg
>
> On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 16:43, Roland Weber wrote:
> > Hi Oleg,
> >
> > could we synchronize the switch with the 4.0 implementation?
> > In other words, continue with Bugzilla for 2.0 and 3.0, but once
> > work gets started on 4.0, where the API changes and the package
> > names probably change, then the bug tracking system changes
> > as well?
> >
> > cheers,
> >   Roland

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message
to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.