hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuzwa, Erik" <Erik.Yu...@encana.com>
Subject GetMethod instantiation throwing exception?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:39:35 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to get HttpClient working alongside NTLM authentication to
automagically grab some XML data for users.

The docs are fairly clear on using HttpClient with NTLM, however my
GetMethod instantiation regularly blows up throwing a
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/codec/DecoderException"

//begin-code snippet

//according to HttpClient docs, run this code before using NTLM...
String secProviderName = "com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE";
java.security.Provider secProvider =
(java.security.Provider)Class.forName(secProviderName).newInstance();
Security.addProvider(secProvider);

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

//grabbing server names from a file to do the requestin'
String sUrl    = "http://" + sServer + "/onenet/xtier-login"; //DOES build
valid URLs

client.getState().setCredentials(
             AuthScope.ANY,
             new NTCredentials(sUser, sPass, sServer, "stovokor.com")
 );

GetMethod http_get = new GetMethod( sUrl ); //wammo! Here's the offender

//end-code snippet

There's no documentation with the GetMethod object concerning any exceptions
thrown during instantiation, so I'm stuck
trying to figure out what the hey is happening.

Thanks!