hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Brown" <chris92...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto-detecting proxy settings in a standalone Java app
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:25:53 GMT
Hi Michael,

I noticed in the release notes for HttpClient 3.0:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/httpclient/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

...that there's "Support for JDK1.4 connect timeout through reflection".
This might be a good way to enable proxy support too, with pluggable
implementations of a generic interface (that could also map onto
applet/webstart config if available).

It seems useful enough to become a standard feature.  "Contrib" projects
don't always keep pace with the main project.

- Chris