hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Brown" <chris92...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Auto-detecting proxy settings in a standalone Java app
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:21:20 GMT
Hi all,

I followed this up on the JDIC forums...
http://www.javadesktop.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=6011&tstart=0

Maybe the people who followed this thread on this list might be interested
in looking at it.  It discussed ways of accessing system-wide proxy
settings.  In particular, HttpClient might want to use Java's reflection
APIs to access the J2SE 5 ProxySelector class, and call the getDefault
method (just like it already does to access socket options in J2SE 1.4).
Using features when possible, as it were.

Thanks again to all,
Chris