hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Brown" <chris92...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Auto-detecting proxy settings in a standalone Java app
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:21:06 GMT
Hi Bruce,

Thanks anyway.  Looking into the sun packages in plugin.jar, as you
helpfully suggested, I found Windows-specific implementations for NS4, NS6,
and IE.  Didn't see any way to resolve conflicts between settings (e.g.: a
method for determing the preferred browser when there are multiple browsers
installed with different settings), although were a lot of similar-sounding
classes there.

The API seems sound enough, might fit in well with the JDIC project on
java.net ...

- Chris