hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Jarvis" <jarvisnicho...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Version Not Supported Error
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:04:12 GMT
Mike,
I have taken your advise and set the content length manually sending in the
length of a file even if it is larger than 2 gigs.  I am getting a bug
however when uploading over 2 gigs still.  It seems that the server is
blocking the read function for the ServletInputStream.  I get a socket read
time out exception thrown.  When I look at the bytes that were written and
the length of the file, the bytes that were written seem to be more than the
length of the file.  This only occurs for files over 2 gigs.  I tested
multiple files, (512 MB, 1.8 GB, 2.0 GB).  On the client side I have checked
my code for the file input stream and writing of the bytes to the request
output stream.  The bytes I am writing are consistent with the length of the
file, yet I am having this trouble on the server side.  I am using
HttpServlet on the server side of my application.  I am getting the input
stream from the request input stream, I am creating a file output stream,
and I am writing to the file.  I believe that the HttpServlet should be
compatible with HTTP 1.1.  Still, from my previous threading problem I had
to set the setHttp11 function to false so that I do not get the upload error
I stated before.  Sorry for the questions, but I have tried fixing this and
understanding it to no avail.  I appreciate any help that you could give me.
  Thanks for your time,

N. Jarvis