hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <jesus.sa...@migasia.com>
Subject pre-emptive authentication for digest authentication
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:05:45 GMT

The target server that I am POSTing to requires digest authentication.
I was trying out:

    httpClient.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);

However, it turns out that HttpClient was first trying out Basic
authentication before using Digest authentication.
Which makes sense I guess since I have not really told it what
authentication method to use first.

Is there a way to force HttpClient to firsty try digest authentication
... or to try any specific authentication method first ?

Section 3.3 ( third paragraph ) of RFC 2617 also allows pre-emptively
sending the Authorization header for digest authentication.

John