hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Timeouts
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:49:05 GMT
Hi Vijay,

Send timeout is not something that Java Sockets support natively, and
as such has not been added to HttpClient.  It would be possible to
implement this kind of functionality but it would require a second
thread to "poll" the executing thread.  The HttpMethod.abort() method
in HttpClient 3.0 could be particularly useful for this.

Do you have a particular use in mind?

Mike