hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject Re: [Bugzilla] vs [JIRA] revisited
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:34:12 GMT

Hi Roland
I agree this makes sense. I am not sure, though, whether we can
reasonably expect things to happen in one 'Big Bang': mailing lists, new
CVS repository, web site, JIRA migration and so on. Most likely not.

Besides, unless we start getting MASSIVELY more feedback on 3.0, I am
not sure what else we can do but start hacking on 4.0 branch while 3.0
still goes through its natural development cycle: alpha -> beta -> rc ->
release. I sense the work on 4.0 may well commence as early as next
month. Basically that will buy us some time, but not much. I certainly
want to start the discussion on the 4.0 architecture (at least in broad
strokes) very, very soon.

This, again, makes the issue of issue tracking system highly important,
as we better have a sane road map and reasonably well articulated
strategy as soon as people start asking what the heck Jakarta HttpClient
4.0 is all about and how on earth we ended up with 3 API incompatible
branches.

Oleg