hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dang" <md...@interwoven.com>
Subject RE: url is Re: How to accept cookies in HttpClient.
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:11:01 GMT
Open your alternate browser (Netscape? Mozilla?), or go to another machine and open IE, goto
the url you sent, you will see the error page.  Exactly it is the cookie you missed.

So, clear your IE's cookie cache, find your way back to the site using the clean IE (well,
IE never clean as it should), then follow the same path in HttpClient.

--Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: tom yin [mailto:ecustucf@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:37 PM
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: url is Re: How to accept cookies in HttpClient.

Hello,

I've forgotten to tell you guys the url, which is:

https://lb32.resources.hewitt.com/sg1dgp9/tbiappt300/TbiaAuthPage?Submit=Log+On&clientId=09813&emClientId=&create=1095797686983&remoteServer=false&bp=false&sslActive=true&QATest=null&nodeId=EnterTheSitePage&u=1095797686983&wdw=YBRPrimary&JavaScriptEnabled=TRUE&lDt=1095797520203&ulDt=1095801760921&fn=GreetingPage&fWdw=YBRPrimary&isSSO=false&isYTR=false&%5EuniqueValue=1095797686985&%5EendOfForm=EOF

I can reach the login page by accessing this url in IE, but can not by httpClient. If any
comments, I will appreciate it.

Thanks.
Tom

tom yin <ecustucf@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi, All,

I got a problem when I try to go to a login page of a website. My code is like this:
GetMethod defaultpage = new GetMethod(link);
//defaultpage.setFollowRedirects(true);
defaultpage.setQueryString(nameValuePairs);
//defaultpage.setRequestBody(nameValuePairs);
client.executeMethod(defaultpage);
It's very simple, but I can not go to the login page expected, but redirected to an error
page, which has the following information:

You've received this message for one of the following reasons:
The Enter the Site page is bookmarked or added to your favorites. If so, please delete that
bookmark. You can bookmark the Welcome page instead.

Your browser doesn't support cookies, or you've set your browser to not accept cookies. Please
use one of the recommended browsers or set your browser preferences to accept cookies. Contact
your browser developer (for example, Microsoft or Netscape) if you need help setting your
browser preferences.

Is this a cookies problem? If I reach the website by IE, no problem happens. Please help.
Thanks.