hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: HttpClient 3.0 is kind of done. Feedback needed
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:26:32 GMT
I agree.  I think we're ready for another 3.0 release.

There has been surprisingly little comment on the 3.0 API, and I'm also
concerned about freezing it until we've had more feedback.  We
definitely have a "chicken and the egg" problem here.  My preference is
to continue with a new 3.0 alpha release, and make a concerted effort
to get it in front of people.

One area that we have been lacking is in promotion of 3.0 on the web
site.  Currently the only mention of it is on the status page.  Perhaps
we should make the 3.0 docs and javadocs available on the site, and try
to reference them where possible from 2.0.  My feeling is that once
people are aware of some of the 3.0 improvements they are willing to
try it out, but unless they are HttpClient regulars they may not know
it exists.

Come now Oleg.  You haven't been the "Evil Comrade" for some time now :)

Mike