hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Hentzen, Rudy" <rudy.hent...@etrade.com>
Subject RE: Quick Question
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:37:59 GMT
Thanks for the advice, but thus far my app is pretty straight forward and using good ole reg
exps do the trick.

Cheers
Rudy

-----Original Message-----
From: Ortwin Glück [mailto:ortwin.glueck@nose.ch]
Sent: 29 September 2004 14:35
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Quick Question

Hentzen, Rudy wrote:

> Phew, good stuff, I am not doing anything particularly complicated, just a few method
calls.

Lucky you :-)

>   Another thing, it is possible to, for example, get all the of the
form actions from a html page, I have managed to get what I need using
reg exps but just wondering if it is in the HttpClient package???

> Many thanks
> Rudy

No, Rudy, unfortunately we provide no support for that. HttpClient
focuses on the transport with HTTP. HTML is out of our scope. You may
want to use a read-to-use HTML parser library for that. If your page is
XHTML you can just use JAXP with the XML parser of your choice of course.

Ortwin Glück

  NOSE applied intelligence ag

  software engineer