hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updated description Re: detailed descrption for cookies problem in HttpClient.Thanks.
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:32:34 GMT
Tom,

Having the IE wire dump it should not be that difficult. Just carefully
analyze the wire dump and try to emulate the request structure (protocol
version, request headers) as close as possible.

For instance, the referer header in the second POST may well be the
missing bit:

"Referer: http://resources.hewitt.com/jpmc/"

Besides, note the use of HTTP/1.0 on the part of IE. Configure
HttpClient to use HTTP/1.0 as well. I doubt it should matter, but just
in case.

Hope this helps

Oleg

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 21:17, tom yin wrote:
> Hey, guys,
>
> I have updated the problem description on my website [ http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~cyin/httpClient/letter.html
], and now you can access the debugging info [case II--> 2) -->debugging info], testing
results from proxomitron on both IE and HttpClient [case II --> 3)].

> If you check the debugging info carefully, you will find the link2 can be accessed successfully.
Also when the link3 is accessed, it will be redirected to an error page, https://lb32.resources.hewitt.com/sg1dgp9/tbiappt300/TbiaStatelessErrorPage
, which is not the login page I need.

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Tom
>
> tom yin <ecustucf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, guys,
>
> I am doing a intelligent spider projects, and trying to grab data from sites automatically.
I don't know HttpClient a lot, but now I have collected data successfully from various websites
with the help of you guys. (Oleg has helped me to solved a difficult problem yesterday. Thank
Oleg.)

> I have sent a couple of messages to ask a problem I found when I try to access the login
page of http://resources.hewitt.com/jpmc/ . This website is different from otheres, because
it is very sensitive, so I think it may have some mechanism I don't know. I hope everybody
also can learn something from this. Please allow me to describe the problem in details. I've
posted it on my website for better look [ http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~cyin/httpClient/letter.html
].