hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Gold" <robert.g...@jrc.it>
Subject Cookies problems / problems accessing websites - Tool (TEXT-Version)
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:21:05 GMT
(Sorry, I sent it as HTML before)

Hi guys,
I see that you have often problems accessing different websites, with login
keeping sessions etc. For IE it works but not with the http-client.
I know NOW all these problems and they arise usually because of hidden
posted-session-id's, cookies, cookies which are sent in another format then
by IE (e.g. in several lines)....
In the end, what made me survive was the tool proxomitron. You put it as a
proxyserver for your browser and you can see all sent header-parameters,
post-parameters, redirects, etc. Afterwards you put it as proxy for the
http-client and perform the same request. If you then compare these two
outputs and you can find easily what is differing.

I promise you, without a tool like this (certainly there are also others) I
would have been lost in the past.

Certainly it's freeware:
http://www.buerschgens.de/Prox/Seiten/Download/Proxomitron4.51-P-0.15.zip
(This page is in german) http://www.proxomitron.info/